If I have not said it before, I will say it now. Asian food is my favorite! Particularly Thai and Vietnamese food. The rich flavors of the herbs and spices they use delight my taste buds. As long as it is vegan and gluten free, I cannot ever imagine passing up a Thai or Vietnamese meal. The thought of ginger, cilantro, mint, Thai basil, rice vinegar, and chilli oils make my mouth water. I love my Italian/Jewish heritage, but for some reason Asian cooking says home to me.
I aspire to make this cuisine as good as you would find in your favorite restaurant. Sometimes I come close and sometimes I fall short. Either way, I keep trying. On a recent occasion, I had a success that I must share. This recipe is rich in ginger, cilantro, scallions, coconut, curry, and some of my favorite vegetables. As long as you use the base of the sauce, any vegetables could work in this recipe. I just happened to use my two favorites in stir fries- mushrooms and broccoli!
Coconut, Curry, Ginger, and Cilantro Vegetables
- 2 Tbsp vegetable broth (or oil)
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 4 large cloves of garlic, grated
- 2 Tbsp ginger, grated
- 3/4 c cilantro, leaves chopped
- 3 c broccoli, florets and stems choppped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 bell peppers, chopped (I used red, purple, and yellow here)
- 3 1/2 c mushrooms, sliced
- 3 Tbsp low sodium gluten free Tamari
- 3/4 c coconut milk (I used lite)
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste
- 2 Tbsp lime juice