I decided to put my fear of spoiled cabbage to rest and I came up with a recipe that would help me combat this fear. I was going for an Asian flavor to go with a rice or noodle dish. On this particular night, I served the cabbage side Pad Thai like dish with cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, cilantro, and peanuts.
This dish got a thumbs up from both of us. I can see us using this recipe anytime we have an unused cabbage. In fact, I like this recipe enough that I could see using a whole cabbage and doubling the recipe!
- 2 Tbsp + 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp water
- half of a yellow onion, cut into half moons
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- half of a purple cabbage, cut into long strips
- 1 inch of ginger grated
- 2 carrots, stripped using a vegetable peeler
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp sesame seeds