Monday, September 24, 2012

Fruit and Vegetable Onesies

September is a month filled with birthdays of people I care about. Three of those people happen to have celebrated their first birthday this year. I was so ecstatic about the birthday excitement, that I decided to make a personal gift for each of them. With the 2012 Vegan MoFo right around the corner, I thought it would be a good time to share them in honor of the month of food. 

This idea came to me as I pondered each of the babies (one being a niece and the other two babies of two of my close girlfriends). As far as the babies go, one of them is a vegan, the other is a vegetarian, and the other is an omnivore. Fruits and vegetables are important to any child omnivore or herbivore and I thought this was a good way to make them fun. 

Violet received the onesies with strawberries and an eggplant. The eggplant came about since her name is a color and it was the only vegetable that was Violet. Now that I think about it, I could have drawn grapes, but the vision for eggplant popped into my head! The smiling strawberries made me think of her with her bright red hair giggling!


Sidney received the onesies with the green beans and carrots. I picked these  because his parents have been feeding him his first foods from their CSA share that we both joined this summer. I could just see Sidney enjoying green beans and carrots. He has a very healthy appetite and I was so excited to be there when he tried his first bite of food!



Catherine will receive the onesies with carrots on it and the apple. I chose the carrots for her because she has two brothers and the image of the three carrots reminded me of the three of them together. I don't have a real reason for the apple, expect that I thought the worm was cute and she Catherine is cute! 


I'm thinking of creating more and selling them in my etsy shop. All I need to do is find a good stash of used onesies!

2 comments:

KitteeBee said...

anthropomorphic fruit is one my favorite things on earth!

these are great.
o
kittee

x said...

Love these, any bub would be lucky to wear one!