Monday, September 20, 2010

Flowers On A Saturday

Last week, I had a work trip planned for Madison, WI. I like Madison, I like the my client that meets in Madison, and I look forward to this trip every year. I worked hard preparing for my meeting and was ready to leave on Thursday morning.

When I arrived home on Wednesday night, I received some health news from a medical procedure I had the week before and it put a damper on my trip. Suddenly, I did not want to go to Madison any longer. I had to pull myself together and leave for the airport the next morning. (In addition to my own problems, we have been worried about our nephew and an extended family member who has been sick. When it rains, it pours!)

In the span of two weeks, my life had changed dramatically. Through it all, I have had the loving support of John, family, and friends. The sympathy and empathy that they have shown me has been touching. I have learned a lot about the people in my life who care about me and feel thankful to have so many I can lean on. I'm not kidding, some have been in contact with me non-stop, checking in on me each day, calling me, praying for me, thinking of me, and providing support. I only hope that I have been and can be as good of a friend to each of them.

And then, there's John. He has been by my side every step of the way and has provided exactly what I need. When I was terrified to face my appointment, he was there with me to hold my hand. He laughed and cried with me and hugged me when I needed it most. When I returned home from Madison on Saturday, he had these waiting for me on the kitchen table.



He went to the farmer's market that morning to get them for me. I am not a huge flower person. I never ask for them or expect them, but when I get them I absolutely love them. Best of all, they were locally grown by a farmer at the market. He knows me so well.



Thank you to John, thanks to my parents, thanks to family, and thanks to my friends who have treated me with care. I appreciate the venting sessions, the calls, the long emails, and the general care for my well-being.



Some people equate wealth to money. I equate wealth to friends and support, and based on that I am a wealthy person!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

Aww. So sorry to hear that things have been crazy and tumultuous. Let me know if there's anything I can do!

affectioknit said...

Oh No! I'm praying that everything will work out well...The flowers are lovely...Blessings and Peace be with you...

Jenn S. said...

I had no idea - I hope you feel better, and will keep you and your loved ones in my thoughts and prayers!

Rawk Star said...

Good vibes coming at ya from a new friend!!!

VeggieAmanda said...

Gosh! Thanks everyone! I am touched by the continuing support that I have received!