Thursday, May 13, 2010

HELP! I Need a New Hairdo!

I have been growing my hair out to donate and I finally decided to donate to Children With Hairloss. A big THANK YOU to my friend Kelly for helping find this organization. Children With Hairloss provides wigs to children that have medically related hair loss for free! If I send in 8 inches of hair, they will use it for a hairpiece. I was originally going to go with Locks of Love, but they do not provide all wigs for free. They base the price on the financial situation of the family.

I donated my hair several years ago and felt it was time to do it again. I don't have the prettiest or the thickest or even the most manageable hair, but I can grow a full head of hair and I need to share it. I can't imagine what it feels like as a child to have hair loss. Looking like everyone else and feeling normal is such an important part of being a child. Having a medical problem is bad enough, but hair loss is probably devastating. The thought of children having to face difficult medical issues and hair loss breaks my heart. I can't provide a cure for their medical issues, but I can share my hair with them.

I am ready to cut my hair.
If I donated my hair today, my hair would still be between chin and shoulder length. Before I can get my haircut, I need to decide what to do with my hair. I really need your help!!

So, the point of this blog is to ask you to help me with hairstyle suggestions. I currently have bangs, so the only requirement that I have for a new hairstyle is that it have bangs. I tend to prefer a bob, but I am open to other suggestions. Something edgy would be fun.


You can comment on this post with links to hairstyles/pictures or email me with pictures you think would work for me.
Please get creative and give me your suggestions.

This is a recent picture of me to get an idea of my hair. I am on the right.

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

I am so glad you're donating your hair - I've donated mine 7 times - it takes me about 2 years to grow it out - and I'm glad to hear of this organization - I've always donated to Locks of Love - but I think next June Children With Hairloss will get my locks...

VeggieAmanda said...

That is awesome that you have donated it 7 times! Way to go! Please let me know if you have a hairstyle suggestion.

Please send hairstyle suggestions, all!

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

Amanda, what an amazing goal! :) That's awesome! And I love the organization you chose.

I think a bob with bangs would look super cute on you and show off your beautiful face! :) Like these (sorry about the celebs- lol):

http://www.bellasugar.com/Katie-Holmes-Hair-What-do-you-think-her-bob-945468 (pic on far right)

http://gracemagazine.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/katie-holmes-haircut-side-part.jpg

http://media.photobucket.com/image/katie%20holmes%20bob%20haircut/yosefcorwin/katie-holmes-hair-400a073007.jpg

http://z.about.com/d/beauty/1/5/u/p/shorthair3.jpg

VeggieAmanda said...

Oww! I love them all, Kylie! Thank you! :)

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

You're welcome, darlin'! :)