Friday, October 2, 2009

Helena's Visit

It has been a while since I have blogged. This is not because I do not have stuff to blog about. Other things have been taking up my time.

My brother, his wife, and their daughter (David, Rhea, and Helena) came to visit at the end of July/beginning of August and I FINALLY got around to posting the pictures from their visit. I am not sure why it has taken me so long.

The visit was interesting and there was a bit of drama, but all I care to remember or take away from the visit is Helena. She is the sweetest little girl I know. She is loving, funny, easy going, and happy. What more could I ask for in a little niece?

I see so much of myself in her that at times I felt like I was looking into a mirror of me as a baby. When out in public, people came up to me and asked me questions about "my daughter." They were surprised when I said she was not my child. I probably enjoyed this more than I should have. :)

My brother and his wife are so blessed to have such a wonderful little girl. She has brought so much joy to me, my parents, and my brother and his wife. I love her to pieces!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

She is a sweetie - and she does look like you!

VeggieAmanda said...

Thank you! :)