Thursday, September 4, 2014

Neatball Subs Made with Love


I have generally been the one to cook more in our house. Mostly because I am anal about food groups and what we eat for dinner. We still consistently took turns cooking, but I tended to cook more. Since pregnancy, sickness, and aversions have set in John has become the main cook in the house. Mostly because he is always trying to get me to eat food. Sometimes he makes a bunch of things to see what I'll eat. He is the one who has ended up eating for two (or three or four). I have been cooking more these days, but he still does the majority of the cooking.

I always thought pregnant women indulged in huge meals and endless snacks. Maybe that happens to some, but that has not happened to me. I mostly have to force myself to eat. Making and eating food used to be two of my favorite activities. Now, I have no interest in either. However, I have a sweet future little vegan one on the way and I have to be mindful of eating enough calories.  John has tried to make food more exciting for me or taking something he knows I like that he can add to a meal. 

I must have seen a meatball sub somewhere and indicated that I'd love a vegan gluten free version. Being the awesome husband he is, John got on it. He used Neat to make the meatballs, a gluten free baguette, tomato sauce, and vegan cheese to complete his creation. To add a healthy component, he roasted broccoli with salt and pepper.  He served this all to me and encouraged me to eat it all. Lucky for me, I didn't have an aversion when I saw this. Instead, I was ecstatic to try it!

The sub was exactly what I had been looking for and I gobbled it down. I even had leftovers for the next day's lunch. Me and the future little vegan one are lucky ducks to be able to have delicious meals made with love. :-)

7 comments:

Dawn said...

So thoughtful of John! And that looks incredibly yummy.

Unknown said...

I can see why you would gobble that down :) The broccoli looks tempting...great...now I have to make broccoli for dinner tonight! LOL :)

affectioknit said...

It does look delicious...I haven't tried Neat before...I'll have to try and find it...

~Have a lovely day!

J said...

Looks like a great meal; yum! :)

Unknown said...

Hey girl! I just responded to your comment on my blog! Erie!? OMG! Had no idea!!!! I'm an hour from Erie now...was born and raised in the Buffalo Region tho.

John said...

We found the Neat in Puerto Rico and brought some back in our suitcase. I'm sure it's around, but I haven't seen it elsewhere

Unknown said...

Aww. How sweet! That's a good looking meal!