Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Just Desserts

I have not been as diligent this year about posting as I have in years past. I am a little behind this week. I decided that I have enough to worry about, so I will post when I can. I might not meet the 20 posts, but I am not too concerned about that. 

My pleads and ribs last week finally prompted John to make the scones I've been begging him to make. Last Friday night he came home with the ingredients for the scones. Of course, I had to text him to tell them what we needed. He gave me the option of making scones or cinnamon buns. I want the cinnamon buns, but I think the level of baking might require 20 questions from him. Let's face it, I'm pregnant and tired- I sometimes just want dessert to appear without being involved. Call me crazy, but I'm making a life here! 

He produced an after dinner treat of scones for us and they delivered! He adapted a recipe from the Gluten Free Bible to be vegan. The recipe called for yogurt and John used soy yogurt. The end product was a success! They were dense and sweet, just like a scone should be. They reminded me of our time during college of studying abroad in Scotland. I remember in particular a breakfast place we went to where we enjoyed tea and scones. At the time we were vegetarian, not vegan, and had a breakfast of eggs, hash browns, tomatoes, and beans. We sat in a seat by the window and go to enjoy the view of a downtown Sterling street. That time will always be special to me. It was in 2000 and we were just starting off in our relationship as more than friends. 

Thank you John for taking care of me and my dessert wants these days. I will take any other sweets you want to throw my way!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Shut The Front Door!!!! These look AWESOME :) WOW! Yeah...so...I've been a bit of a blogging fool lately! I have already posted twice today and might have two more later, too! PLUS...one of them will be another giveaway! Woot! Any plans for the weekend!? Yes...it's only Wednesday and I'm already asking people that LOL!

John said...

Those scones look delicious!

Dawn said...

Scones are one of those things that I don't really think I ever had before becoming gluten free/vegan, but now I want all the time. Chocolate chip ones are brilliant. Nice work, John!!