Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Myrtle Beach in March


It has taken me a while to catch up with blogging and I am still not there. I have a million things I would like to blog about, but I have not had the time to get around to it lately. I still have blogs from January that I want to post. Not only am I out of date, I am out of order. Ugg!


In March, John's family had a get together in Myrtle Beach, SC. They rented a condo for the week and invited everyone down, my parents included. We could not go for the whole week, but we took a Friday off. It was towards the end of March and still cool at the beach. The weather was sunny and we had a spectacular view of the ocean from the condo. The condo had 4 bedrooms, a big kitchen, dining area, and a large balcony. The place was perfect for a large group.


During our stay it was Warren's Birthday (our brother-in-law) and we celebrated by a nice dinner, cake, and present opening. On the morning of his birthday, several of us decided that we would run down to the beach and write him a Happy Birthday wish in the sand as a surprise. When he woke up, we asked him to come out on the balcony and look down. He was surprised and he loved it!


Besides being with family, what I loved most were the sun rises. When left to my own devices, I never wake up early without an alarm clock. For this stay, John and I shared a room with my parents and I was woken up by snoring. I am a very light sleeper and both of my parents snore. Needless to say, I did not get much sleep! The good part of it was that I was up so early each morning that I saw the sun rise. I really enjoyed sitting out on the balcony with a cup of coffee and watching the magical event. I felt like I was with God as the son rose. It was a very touching experience for me. The sunsets were also amazing. I did not get to enjoy those as much because I was busy with family cooking dinner or hanging out. I did not mind though because I got to see the sunrises.


As always, I enjoyed spending time with our nephews. Alex is 3 and a half and Andrew was about 7 months. It was fun to wake up to their smiling faces each morning. They are both very pleasant children. It was so cute to see Alex and Andrew interact. Alex would dance around for Andrew and he would just giggle and coo back. It is easy to see that they really love each other and that is fun to be around!



I am so thankful that my family and John's family get along. It makes holidays and vacations so much easier.

1 comment:

affectioknit2 said...

Oh Fun!!! We love Myrtle Beach too!