Monday, November 10, 2008

Company Outing

The company that I work for has a Fun Committee that plans employee events each quarter. The events helps foster community within the company. This year our company picnic was a little late -October 23.



The picnic was held at Lake Crabtree in Morrisville, NC. We were allowed to take the afternoon off and picnic while enjoying the company of co-workers. There was a lot of food! I brought veggie burgers and recycled/compostable lunch ware. I ate more food than I wished I would have eaten!


Next to the picnic shelter was a small playground that several of us decided to visit. The monkey bars and slide brought back many memories from my childhood. We enjoyed acting like kids as we attempted the monkey bars and the slide. The slide did not present any challenges (although you would not know that by the look on Diana's face). The monkey bars, on the other hand, presented serious challenges for me. I was only able to hang and was not able to maneuver myself to the other side. I was not good at this activity as a child and I can see that age has not helped one bit. The only thing that was easier is the drop to the ground because my feet were not that far from the stones!


I really enjoy the fun committee activities and always make a point to attend an activity, if I am not traveling for work. I think that community with my co-workers is important for my well work happiness. It helps me to get to know my co-workers on a personal basis and makes it easier for me to approach them at work when tough situations arise in the office. Most of the people that I work with are nice to be around.


I cannot wait for the Holiday party!

1 comment:

jk said...

That was a fun picnic :) I wish it had been warmer and we had played games like last year but every year we will learn a bit.

The monkey bars were a wakeup call to me as well about how weak I've gotten. A definite blow to my pride as an ex-athlete.