Sunday, September 23, 2012

Help Kickstart The Fiction Kitchen

Most cities have at least a couple of vegetarian restaurants, but when you visit the triangle there is a bit of a void. Cary, Morissville, and Chapel Hill all have vegetarian restaurants, but the two largest cities (Durham and Raleigh) do not. While there are plenty of restaurants in Durham and Raleigh that have vegan and vegetarian options, there is not a place that has stayed 100% vegetarian.

So in step Caroline and Siobhan of Fiction Kitchen. They started off with catering and amazing vegan brunches. And when I say amazing, it is an understatement. They provided brunches once a month on a Sunday afternoon that would knock your socks off. Their creativeness with local ingredients was impressive. They would have over one hundred people lined up outside the Pinhook in Durham for these infamous brunches. The food was different each month and I can honestly say that I was never served anything I didn't absolutely love! In addition, they made an effort to always have a gluten free option for me and some other gluten freers. My favorites included biscuits and gravy and a coffee cake that was out of this world. I still dream of that coffee cake. Ok, I think I just salivated on my keyboard!!

Now these wonderful women want to open a restaurant in downtown Raleigh and need your help.  Please visit their kickstarter campaign and consider donating. Make sure to watch the video too! (Yours truly makes several appearances in it.) Even if you can only share a couple of bucks, it will help. They have a goal to reach by October 13 and we need to help them get there. If they do not meet their goal, they don't get any of the money. If you do not live in the area, you can still donate and I promise once they open to post pictures of their amazing food. 

What are you waiting for? Get on over there and give them some support!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Talk about a vegan void - I live in FAYETTEVILLE. Ugh. Once TFK opens I am so there.

VeggieAmanda said...

You will love their food! :-)