Thursday, February 19, 2009

Presents from Aunt Amanda

I just LOVE being an Aunt! I have four nephews and one niece. Realizing that I could only make presents for them while they are still young, I got to work! After each nephew/niece is born, I paint letters for them spelling their name. When they get to the age when they can draw, paint, and create I make them art smocks from colorful material (I will have to post about those another time.

In 2008, John and I were blessed with our nephew, Andrew and niece, Helena. As a part of their Christmas presents I made name letters for them.

Andrew has a frog/Lilly pad/butterfly/firefly/snail theme in blues, greens, and yellows. The letters that I created are similar to the designs already in his room, but are not exact. I wanted them to look a part of the room, but not to blend in completely.


Before Helena was born, my brother and his wife were thinking of doing butterflies in brown, beige, and pink. I took that theme and ran with it! I am not sure that they have completely stuck with the original theme, but I think the letters will look just fine in Helena's room. (I took these pictures in a hotel room where I did not have quality lighting).

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Those are adorable!

affectioknit said...

Those are so sweet! I love them - I have 5 nephews and only one niece...

VeggieAmanda said...

Nieces and nephews are such a blessing! I love creating for them!

Sarah said...

Very cute...it's so much fun to make things for kids!